by Jessica Gregory
With Valentine’s Day approaching fast, it’s important to remember who we love. What better way to do that than with love songs? I asked around the Barnard community so I could give you a list of good love songs to play on this Valentine’s Day.
Here”s fourteen(ish) of the songs people love:
1. “Weather” by Novo Amor: It’s a sadder, sensitive song meant to make you, in the words of the one who suggested it “feel the feelz”.
2. “Can You Feel the Love Tonight” by Elton John: How can you go wrong with Lion King? This song is a sweet one worthy of every Valentine’s celebration.
3. “You’re The Reason I Come Home” by Ron Pope: This song is “sleepy and relaxing”, singing of deep love without being depressing.
4. “Come to Me” by the Goo Goo Dolls: This is an upbeat, uplifting song without all the sap!
5. “We Are Love” by Il Volo: This song is deeply passionate and moving, singing about love for all.
6. “Hello” by Beyoncé: This song is an observation, what someone loves about their partner. Also, Beyoncé.
7. “All of Me” by John Legend: We all have imperfections, but to someone else we are perfect.
8. “I”m Yours” by Jason Mraz: This love song is relaxed, kinda bouncy, and sweet. See his song “I Won’t Give Up” for a softer, more serious tone.
9. “The Way You Do the Things You Do” by the Temptations: The Temptations have a million perfect love songs, but this one will make you want to dance with someone.
10. “Everytime We Touch” by Cascada: Speaking of dancing, here’s a song to take you back to Middle School.
11. “Ma Belle Evangeline” from the Princess and the Frog: You didn’t think there’d only be one Disney song, did you?
12. “XO” by Beyoncé: Also, more Queen B. This song is all about appreciating the moment.
13. “The Way I Am” by Ingrid Michaelson: Simple and beautiful, “The Way I Am” is about down-to-earth love.
14. “Like You’ll Never See Me Again” by Alicia Keys: This song is emotion-filled, reminding us never to take our loves for granted.
15. “Me Without You” by Sam Tsui: This is one of my personal favorites, added because someone very special in my life sings this to me often. This is one of the most romantic (and catchy!) songs I have ever heard in my life. Happy Valentine’s Day, everyone!
Jessica Gregory is a sophomore and a staff writer for The Nine Ways of Knowing.
Photo courtesy of