By Samantha Plotner
This warm and hearty meal also happens to be an easy and fast weeknight dinner option.
|Easy garlic goodness|
Time: About 20 minutes
Large sauté or frying pan
Boneless skinless chicken breast
3-4 cloves garlic (peeled and chopped)
3 crimini mushrooms (cleaned and sliced)
Box of linguini (you can substitute another type of pasta as well)
1) Put the empty sauté pan on medium heat then add enough olive oil to barely cover the bottom of the pan.
2) Add the chicken breasts, flip every few minutes until cooked through, sprinkle with salt.
3) Meanwhile, cook the linguini according the directions on the box.
4) Once the chicken is done, remove it from the pan. Add the sliced mushrooms and most of the garlic to the oil and sauté.
5) When the pasta has finished, drain and toss with olive oil and the remaining garlic immediately.
6) You can then plate this dish one of two ways. The first way is to slice the chicken, then combine it with the mushrooms, garlic, and pasta in the sauté pan. The second way is to place a whole chicken breast on a bed of linguini then pour some of the garlic, mushrooms and olive oil from the sauté pan over it.
Samantha is a junior at Barnard and Editor-in-Chief of The Nine Ways of Knowing. Her New Year’s resolution is to cook more.